Thursday, March 6, 2014

Me, You & the Pizza Too

After hearing the news about Pizza Hut’s touchscreen dining tables, I got to thinking about my very own “perfect pizza.” With endless options at my fingertips, what’s a girl to do?

(Seriously, though. That decision would take me a good hour).

Anyway, Hump Day as it was, I thought it might be fun to take a little office poll, so I sent out a mass email asking my coworkers to describe their ideal pizza. Sausage & onion? Buffalo chicken? Half expecting a whole bunch of 3-word answers & extra cheeses, the responses were much more elaborate…and heart warming. 

In fact, they were worthy of a blog.

Let’s take a look at some of the highlights…

“Pepperoni & cheese from my sentimental favorite, Pizzaville. Kevin James once said, ‘There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap,’ and this is so true!  I have fond memories of picking up Pizzaville pizza as a kid with my Dad. I loved holding the gigantic pizza box on our drive home, especially in the winter, and soaking up the distinctive smell of extra cheese, cornmeal and burnt cardboard that would always emanate from the box. Even a hint of that smell transports me back to those happy childhood times!” –Jennifer Wright, President

“Growing up in New York City, there's pizza shops on every block (it's a pizza lover's dream). A plain slice with salt and garlic powder is my favorite. One of my fondest memories as a teenager is going to Koronet Pizza on 110th & Broadway with my best friend, Faith. They had the largest slice of pizza in New York, and for only $1! Years later I took my kids to Koronet, and they loved it just as much as I did at their age.” – Fatima Golden, Director of Operations

“A slice of Sicilian from Gino's in LongBeach, NY has to be number one. I have great memories of going to the beach in high school, hanging out all day then walking off of the boardwalk right into Gino's for a slice and a coke.” –John Clancy, Director of Sales

And last, but certainly not least, comes a response from Alex Laracy, our Director of Marketing:

    “New Canaan Pizza is the reason I grew up a fat and happy kid.”

He has a way with words.

And mine? A slice of thin-crust, extra garlic pizza from Roseland is top of my list. It’s one of those places that’s been around since forever, a place full of history, where the owner remembers your name, and where my Dad dubbed “our spot.” There’s nothing quite like it, you know?



Truth is, pizza isn’t just about toppings, or crust, or deep-dish, or whatever. It’s about the memories. You probably won’t remember if your crust was extra-thin, but you’ll never forget your Dad’s face across the table, smiling so big as he’s about to take a huge bite of his favorite pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment