Friday, July 30, 2010

YoungIntern Takes Faux-Environmentalists To Task!

YoungIntern (aka Emani) made an interesting discovery the other day: there is a word for those folks who tacitly support the idea of eco-friendly initiatives, but who don't actually bother to incorporate them in to their lives. Not that we here at ECOvention are judging anyone - it's just good to keep up on your vocabulary. Take it away, YoungIntern!

_____________________________________________________________________________________


This week is my last week with ECOvention -- a moment of silence please... Thank you!

For the past few days I've been researching the top 100 Pizza Chains - our future customers, in other words.

Today was slow and tiring, so I finished that up and took a quick break to snack and get my energy up. I was looking stuff up on the Urban Dictionary, to catch up on slang that I'm too embarrassed to ask friends about (I'm 15, I should know these things). I came across the word CONGREENIENT, which is the practice of recycling, or being green, only when convenient. A congreenient person is one who only recycles when it is convenient to do so.

Now, how many people do you know that are congreenient? Are you congreenient? I believe most people in the world are congreenient: they care about the environment... just not enough to constantly go out of their way to recycle or be eco-friendly.

People who act this way aren't horrible; they do make some effort to do right by the earth every now and again. It would just be nice to have everyone do what right for this beautiful planet, but unlike Julia Roberts we all can't slap $20 million into solar powered homes... so ECOvention will stay eco-friendly with our very affordable and effective GreenBox. It's an easy way for businesses and consumers to avoid being called CONGREENIENT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment